Saturday 10 August 2019

Why I Bought a Travelscoot Junior

I compared several lightweight, folding, portable mobility scooters before deciding to buy a Travelscoot Deluxe Junior.

The other makes of similarly priced mobility scooters that I looked at were:

1. The Di Blasi R30
2. The eFoldi
3. The Atto
all of which had 3 wheels, and
. 4. The TGA Minimo Plus 4 with 4 wheels

I chose the Travelscoot Junior above the others for several reasons:

1. It weighs the least.
2. There is excellent ground clearance which is important where I live since many of the pavements are uneven and the kerbs, even though lowered in places, are still too high.
3. The Travelscoot can climb a 15 degree incline.
4. The tires are solid which means no punctures to deal with.
5. It has a tight turning circle making it highly manoeuvrable which is desirable for shopping in a small supermarket and traveling along crowded pavements.
6. Despite being lightweight it is sturdy, reliable and rarely breaks down according to other users.
7. It is easy to maintain and service at home.
8. The handlebars, seat and seat back are all adjustable to suit the rider.
9. A wide range of accessories is available.
10. It is small enough (without folding) to fit into the available storage space.

Additionally the Travelscoot has lightweight, lithium batteries which are easy to remove and bring indoors for charging with the included battery charger and cable. Also, it's easy to attach two batteries, thereby extending the distance that can be traveled.

It must be said however, the travelscoot is not entirely ideal. I would have preferred a flat footplate to rest my feet instead of straight bar-like foot rests, but I did buy a pair of foot plate accessories to alleviate that problem. It would have been better if the motor had a lock instead, it was necessary to buy a separate lock. I would have liked the seat to have had suspension instead of having to buy a separate suspension seat post. Fortunately, the seat is well-padded and quite comfortable without using the extra seat post. I bought the extra wide front wheel accessory to improve grip but wonder why it isn't included as standard. Finally, I would have liked armrests!

Despite the above issues, I feel sure I made the right choice. I'm happy with my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment